In my experience it’s been more like five (5) lines of jQuery.
I’ve found jQuery great for the following reasons:
- Simple Ajax in a breeze
- Search for elements in the DOM is made easy
- The helper function [ $() ] is a pleasure to use
- Most importantly: it handles cross browser compatibility.
Here We Go – Tutorials Galore
Your first step will be to Download jQuery 1.2.1 and include it in the head of your web page. After this you need to start reading some tutorials. Don’t worry, it’s going to take 15 minutes tops for you to start writing usable code:
- Visual jQuery – This is by far, my number one resource. It consolidates the API in a visual form, making easy to navigate.
- 15 Minutes of jQuery – Great for beginners
- Tutorials:How jQuery Works – Another beginner tutorial
- Tutorials:Getting Started with jQuery – Getting Started (for beginners)
- Tutorials:Live Examples of jQuery – This is what worked for me. Sometimes you just have to see it in action.
Why I Use jQuery
Don’t wait, get started with jQuery today.